Friday, November 1, 2013

Wait, it's November? Already?

Apparently, the Big Deal in November is NaBloPoMo.

I'm probably not going to get through that.  But, I suppose it's worth trying.

I'll kick this year off with Hallowe'en - Mad Natter was a specific character out of a Minecraft video for Hallowe'en this year.  We went by Mimi's house for dinner yesterday, and when we arrived, she asked him, "So, who are you?"

In a style so reminiscent of me that it's almost as frightening as it was funny, he turned to her, gave her the "I'm so sorry you're so stupid" look, and said "I'm Natter." as though she had managed to forget his given name, and completely blank on who he was, rather than asking what his costume was to be.  It was certainly one of the more fabulous moments being parent to a child who... can be challenging most other times.

I'll point out that today? Totally one of those times. Sugar rush/crash all day, a smallboy who wants nothing to eat but candy, and trying to get anything done?  Hoo, boy.  It's not entirely a picnic, but it's our time, and I get to know him a little better each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment