Announcing the 2013 Parenting the Gifted Blog Tour, June 14th - June 21st.
As the primary update-writer here at Homeschooling Hatters, I am very excited to be participating in the Parenting the Gifted Blog Tour 2013 from June 14th-21st.
This international blog tour is organized by parents who met on The Well Trained Mind Message boards.
We come from different parts of the world, different school choices, and different social and economic backgrounds, but we all have one thing in common. We know that parenting a gifted child can sometimes be as challenging as it is rewarding. If you have ever woken up at 3 AM in the morning wondering “What am I going to do with this child?” then this blog tour is for you!
From June 14th-21st the Parenting the Gifted Blog Tour will discuss some of the most pertinent issues facing gifted education today:
- On June 14th Sceleratus Classical Academy will kick off our tour with “Comparison is the Thief of Joy.”
- On June 15th Only Passionate Curiosity will share “Maturity vs. Ability; It’s a Big Deal”. Childhood Inspired will write about “Nurturing Other Aspects of Giftedness Besides Academics”.
- On June 16th Teaching My Baby to Read will feature “Harry Potter, Muggles, Mudbloods, and Giftedness in Family Trees”.
- On June 17th Homeschooling: or Who’s Ever Home will write about “Nurturing Musical Talent in the Gifted Child”.
- On June 18th Strader Spiel will discuss “Homeschooling a Gifted Child with Special Needs” and The Washington Collation of Gifted Education will share “I’m an Advocate and So Are You”.
- On June 19th Northwood Classical Academy will write about “The Making of a Mathlete”.
- On June 20th Homeschooling Hatters will share “Just Let Him Be a Kid”, and Sceleratus Classical Academy will end our tour with a guest post titled “When a Flower Blooms”.
There is still room for more contributions, so please email teachingmybabytoread at gmail dot com if you are interested in joining the tour!